Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Kundalini Definition Poster

Sat Nam!  I created this blog to share the resources that I create for my Yoga students and friends.  Here is the first thing that I have made. 


I started reading this fantastic book Kundalini: Divine Energy, Divine Life by Cyndi Dale about a month ago.  
{Click on the picture to purchase your own copy.}


I have been practicing Kundalini Yoga for eight years.  Yet I never really quite understood exactly what Kundalini was until after reading this book.


Here is how Cyndi breaks down the word Kundalini into it's sanskrit roots:


kundalin= coiled, spiraled (from the work kundalam, which means "ring" or "coil")


kun= earth


di= can mean "little pot of earth" or "a single cell" and its alternative root:


da= to give or "the bestower"


lini= perpetual consciousness expressing in alpha and omega, or beginning and end  




Cyndi gives this great definition of the Kundalini Energy...



{graphics and fonts belong to Diane J. Hook djinkers.com}

Click on the poster to download a free copy from google docs. 

Leave me a comment if you download the doc.  Thanks!   


1 comment:

  1. Very interesting! I didn't really even know there were different types of yoga until you told me!

    ReplyDelete